Eastlake Optimist Award – Congratulations to Isabella Fidelino for being awarded the Eastlake Optimist Award for 2013! She was presented her award and money this past Tuesday night at Olympic View Elementary. Isa was commended for her outstanding job this year as a student, student body president, community service provider, and championship basketball player. We are so proud of you!
Camp Information - We are almost there! Some important reminders:
- Be at school no later than 8:00am on Monday, May 20, 2013.
- Be sure to label all belongings with tape and permanent marker.
- Watch weather reports for proper gear.
- Have camp money in an envelope with: Full Name, School Name, Teacher, and Amount. Give to teacher on Monday morning.
- Please pick up your student at approximately 1:00pm on Friday. We might be slightly early/late depending on traffic. Please be patient. All students not picked up by 1:00pm will be waiting in their respective classrooms.
- Leave all cell-phones, electronics, toys, and food at home.
- Any medication must be given to school nurse prior to camp. Please do not send with student.
Camp Equipment – We are less than 1 week away from camp! Please make sure to properly label all of your gear:
- Sleeping bag
- Towels (2 or 3)
- Soap and Shampoo
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
- Brush or comb
- Hat with a brim
- Bag for dirty clothes
- Warm jacket or coat*
- 3 sweatshirts or sweaters*
- Long pants (3 or 4 pair)
- 6 pairs of socks
- 2 pairs of athletic shoes
- Rain gear*
*These items are important in wet/cold mountain weather! Please watch weather reports leading up to our trip.
Optional Equipment: Camera, water bottle, stationary, gloves, mittens, scarves, fanny pack, books.
Promotion Attire - As we get closer to promotion, please plan your child’s dress accordingly. Young ladies wear white dresses/skirt and blouse. No heels. Young gentlemen wear dark slacks, white button-down shirt, and dress shoes. After the ceremony, pick up your report card from your homeroom teacher. Promotion will be on the final day of school, Monday, June 10, at 9:00am.
Debts - Please make sure all debts are paid before promotion. We need all library books returned and all lunch money paid. Thank-you!
- May 20 – May 24 – Sixth Grade CAMP!!
- May 27, 2013 – No School (Memorial Day)
- June 10, 2013 – Last Day of School! Promotion!